5 Hillside (Devon) details
Dating back to 1860 this pretty stone built, semi-detached, cottage is set in an elevated position, at the edge of the beautiful village of Axmouth in East Devon. The cottage is comprehensively equipped to provide very comfortable accommodation for four adults and two children. Nestled in a picturesque valley less than a mile from the coast, Hillside is situated in a rural location with pleasant views of the surrounding countryside. The only sounds to be heard in this peaceful spot are the gushing stream at the front of the house and the abundant wildlife. The perfect setting for your Devon cottage holiday.
The cottage is elevated above the laneway and is approached via steps leading to the front door. Outside there is a formal garden to the front of the cottage and a patio to the rear with steps rising to an area of decking and a picnic table with parasol for outside dining. The garden rises to reveal panoramic views across the valley. A small stone shed houses further outdoor seating and a barbecue.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four + two guests.
- Three bedrooms, one shower room and one family bathroom.
- The property is suitable for four adults and two children as the third bedroom provides bunk beds.
- Small formal garden to the front of the property. Enclosed rear garden. Please be aware of very young children as the garden slopes and has steps.
- There is private allocated parking for up to two cars adjacent to the cottage and further parking available 50 yards along the lane.
- Sorry, no pets.
- For guests with mobility difficulties, please note there are 16 steps to the front door.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob.
- Fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and condenser dryer.
- LED television with Freesat and Blu-Ray DVD player.
- iPod docking station and CD player.
- Selections of books, games and DVDs
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Axmouth village has two very good pubs, The Ship and The Harbour, both of which serve excellent food.
- A large supermarket is around 1 mile away at Seaton, which also boasts the famous Seaton Tramway.
- The River Axe is within walking distance as is Axmouth Beach, about a mile away.
- Lyme Regis is around 5 miles to the East, whilst the fishing village of Beer is a few miles west.
- The area is very popular with both cyclists and walkers and the nearest golf course is also less than a mile away.
- River Cottage HQ and the original River Cottage Canteen are within a few miles drive.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here