Bittadon Cottage details
Situated in an elevated position overlooking the valley and surrounded by farmland, Bittadon Cottage is to be found in the pretty hamlet of Bittadon, approximately seven miles from the beach at Woolacombe.
It is a modernised 19th Century semi-detached stone property approached up a narrow country lane, leading to a gravel drive with steps down to a pretty courtyard and set within a terraced garden with summerhouse and pathway leading down to a large spring-fed pond, a haven for the local wildlife. The pond area is accessed only through a locked gate.
This property has been refurbished and provides comfortable, family friendly accommodation with a new extension providing a dual aspect, ground floor bedroom with sitting area, en-suite shower room and patio doors onto the garden. Having two reception rooms allows for some family members to sit and relax with the newspaper, while others watch television.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Ground floor bedroom with sitting area, walk-in wardrobe and en-suite shower room, with extensive under-floor heating.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite shower room and one family bathroom on the first floor.
- Wood burning Esse cooker in the dining room.
- Wood burner in the sitting room.
- Terraced garden with level lawn, summerhouse and natural enclosed pond. (Please see notes)
- Ample parking
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric ceramic hob and double oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, walk in cold larder with fridge/freezer.
- Digital TV, Sky Freesat, CD, DVD, Hi-Fi.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The Blue Flag beach at Woolacombe provides a great day out for the family.
- Exmoor with its beautiful walks is a mere 10 miles away.
- Good food at Muddiford and Prixford is just a short drive and well worth a visit.
- Other attractions include surfing, golf, fishing, walking and horse-riding.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here