Brook Lodge (Suffolk) details
Brook Lodge is one of five detached luxury lodges which are located in idyllic countryside on the Wakes Hall Estate in the breath-taking Colne Valley on the Essex/Suffolk border. On the same site is Endymion Lodge
. Each lodge boasts a verandah and the ultimate indulgence – a soothing hot tub, surrounded by 500 acres of land and walks to the village of Wakes Colne.
Wakes Hall Lodges offer the ultimate place to escape the city or your hectic lives. Nature lovers will have a wonderful time taking in the stunning flora and fauna of the delightful countryside. As well as a fishing lake stocked with Carp and Roach, there are an endless number of woodland walks to explore, including the neighbouring willow woodland where the trees are farmed to make cricket bats. Visitors often enjoy a short amble to the local village where there is a shop and post office and a picturesque pub beside the River Colne that serves locally brewed beer. Local beauty salons provide a full range of services for visitors to the lodges, and for those looking for an extra special treat, we can arrange for a fully trained chef to serve up a delectable feast from the comfort of your lodge.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one en-suite bathroom.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Enclosed decked area and access to a two acre fishing lake and woodland.
- Ample parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Both doorways and pathways are accessible for wheelchair users to the rear.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Latest eco-technology from Canada.
- Woodland walks straight from the lodge.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Two Smart TVs, superb quality sound system.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request - please bring your own cot linens.
- Garden furniture.
- An outdoor hot tub.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Colchester can be reached in just under 20 minutes and offers a wide range of activities for all ages from Colchester Zoo to the Roman Castle.
- Within a 10 minute drive is the Earls Colne Golf & Country Club, together with numerous other golf courses located within a short driving distance.
- A little further afield, Chelmsford is just under 40 minutes’ drive time and has a first class shopping centre.
- Sudbury, the birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough, is just under half an hour’s drive or by train from Wakes Colne/Chappel Station direct to Sudbury through the picturesque countryside.
- Newmarket with its famous racecourse can be reached in approximately one hour.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.