Blanefield House details
Blanefield is a short drive from the magnificent championship golf course at Turnberry, recognised as one of the finest links courses in the world. Approximately 40 miles from Glasgow, Blanefield is easily accessible by road, rail and air.
Set in magnificent garden grounds, it is the perfect venue for a relaxing break in luxurious surroundings. The property is only 3 miles from the coast and Turnberry Hotel and golf course, with its new leisure club, spa and clubhouse, field sports and yachting marinas. The coastline is spectacular, with the island of Ailsa Craig being a notable landmark. There are many opportunities for field sports including pheasant shoots, grouse moors and salmon fishing. There are yachting marinas at Troon, Largs and Inverkip with spectacular sailing on the Firth of Clyde.
Kirkoswald is well known as the village where Robert Burns
attended school. Village locals John Davidson and Douglas Graham who are memorialised as Souter Johnnie and Tam o' Shanter in the poem of Robert Burns, are buried in the Kirkoswald churchyard
Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at the local Souter’s Inn, which is built on the site of the old school house where Robert Burns studied in 1775, this thatched roof Inn has a modern, contemporary interior, with a relaxed friendly atmosphere.
Visit Ayr, approximately 10 miles away, which has a fantastic esplanade with a long sandy beach - perfect for walking. There are many small independent stores and specialist suppliers that give Ayr town its draw. It is said that Ayr has more jewellers than central Edinburgh, and there is lots to offer the keen shopper, including an indoor mall at The Kyle Centre with its upstairs food court, and the new outdoor mall at Ayr Central.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 12 guests.
- Six bedrooms, all en-suite, four of which have dressing rooms.
- Open fires and wood burning stoves.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please.
- Extensive grounds.
- Parking for several cars.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Sky TV in sitting room and each bedroom.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Services including housekeeping, butler/waiter and chef can be arranged for an additional cost.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Local amenities can be found in Maybole, including a supermarket, butcher and newsagents. Slightly further afield Ayr provides a haven for shoppers of all types.
- Why not try a whisky tasting experience at A.D. Rattray Whisky Experience in Kirkoswald, followed by a visit to Dalduff Farm Shop to stock up on local delicacies.
- For the energetic a round of golf is a must, with many golf courses close by including Turnberry and a 9 hole course at Maybole.
- Immerse yourselves in the history of Robert Burns, who originated from the area, having been to school at what is now Souters Inn. A visit to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Alloway is a must.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here