Achnandarach Lodge details
Achnandarach Lodge is situated five miles from the Kyle of Lochalsh, with a bridge across to the Isle of Skye, shops, restaurants, and a local railway station.
A Swiss chalet-style house, which has been completely refurbished throughout, surrounded by pine forest, the house has stunning views over Skye and lovely walks from the front door. Fencing prevents the deer entering the attractive one acre garden and a few hundred yards walk through the forest behind the house brings you to Loch Achnahinich.
The house itself is on three floors with an overriding sensation of space. The literal centrepiece is the middle floor which has an open plan area with large picture windows and a balcony. Leading off this is a spacious kitchen with traditional pine table for breakfast or informal meals.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps nine guests.
- Five bedrooms from the lower ground floor to first floor.
- Two shower rooms and one bathroom.
- Open fireplace.
- A beautiful enclosed garden.
- External balcony running around the property.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Range cooker, microwave, American style fridge/freezer with ice maker, wine cooler.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room.
- Three TVs, Blu-ray player.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Private water supply.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Only two miles away, on an inlet of Loch Carron, is Plockton, one of the most beautifully situated villages in Scotland. Surrounded by mountains, it has palm trees growing in lochside gardens around the picturesque harbour with a fairytale castle prominent on the headland. This is an excellent centre for touring, walking and sailing.
- The Back Brae Walk runs parallel and above the main street of the village, and offers stunning views of Plockton Bay, Loch Carron and the Applecross Hills, as well as providing an overview of the village.
- Explore Duncraig Castle or The Lochalsh Woodland Garden.
- Visit Coral Beach or take a seal trip with Calum's Plockton Seal Trips who provide spectacular trips to the islets of Plockton Bay and Loch Carron.
- The Bright Water Visitor Centre is set on the pier at Kyleakin on Skye, opposite Kyle of Lochalsh, the centre is dedicated to local wildlife and the local history of the area, with activities for visitors of all ages, and a shop selling quality local products and hand made crafts.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here