Green Neuk details
Green Neuk is set in two acres of woodland and is a haven for wildlife including red squirrels and deer. The house, which is built on an elevated position overlooking the Laich o Moray, enjoys far-reaching, spectacular views of the Moray Firth coastline and beyond.
The comfortable, energy efficient house is heated using an air source heat pump with underfloor heating and a wood burning stove ensuring the house is a warm refuge all year round. Stretching from the dramatic glens of the Cairngorms National Park in the South to the sandy beaches of the Moray Firth in the North, scattered here and there with picturesque towns and villages and blessed with a pleasingly temperate climate. Moray is undoubtedly one of Scotland's hidden gems.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Large grassed area.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Spectacular views.
- Air source heat pump with underfloor heating.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television and DVD player.
- There are numerous walks within the area, details can be found here.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The city of Elgin is just 6 miles to the north of Green Neuk. It has a flourishing centre with a mix of small local shops and traditional high street names.
- Gordon and MacPhail, has a flagship store in Elgin. Here you will be greeted with the aroma of home cooked local gammon, the largest selection of the finest cheeses and a fantastic array of high quality grocery products. A must is also the Whisky Room.
- Aberlour, just 20 minutes away, has a number of small local shops like the popular Speyside Larder, selling local food and drink and other speciality goods.
- Fochabers 10 miles to the east allows you to visit Baxters Highland Village and the factory shop. It is also home to the newly opened Walled Garden at Gordon Castle.
- For lovers of the outdoors: Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Highland Gliding Club, Moray Fly Fishing or Scotland's Malt Whisky Trail.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here