The Old Armoury details
The Old Armoury, nestled on the shores of Loch Ness, built in a unique location within the award winning Highland Club, St Benedicts Abbey, Fort Augustus which includes an indoor heated swimming pool, gym and spa plus may other outdoor facilities within the complex to provide a self-catering holiday on Loch Ness to remember!
Fully equipped, including WiFi, travel cot and high chair, this is an excellent choice for any group or family looking for something a bit different to the norm with all the creature comforts and more. The Old Armoury with high quality fixtures, fittings and furnishings good enough to please even the most discerning visitor. This modern two bedroom, ground floor apartment is located in the Brothers Wing and is one of the most historically important sections of The Highland Club - built within the original bastion walls, this would have housed the armoury used in defence of the fort dating back to 1716. Ten meters from the adjoining free parking area, and immediately on the shores of Loch Ness, it is one of the most convenient and accessible properties within The Highland Club. The property is well equipped throughout while benefiting from all the facilities The Highland Club has to offer. Accessed via The Brothers’ Wing courtyard, and with all modern comforts and conveniences, this property is just steps away from the Club Lounge, the Monastery Lawn and variety of leisure facilities offered within this fabulous development, so it is the ideal place to enjoy everything on your doorstep, plus more when adventuring out into the Highlands themselves.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Ground floor apartment.
- Two double bedrooms.
- En-suite bathroom to the Master bedroom and a further family bathroom.
- Children's games, books and DVDs.
- Guests have access to all the facilities the Highland Club offer which include an indoor heated swimming pool, gym, spa, sauna and many other outdoor facilities including an adventure playground for children.
- Communal area with barbecue.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer.
- Two Televisions, Sky, DVD player, iPod/radio/CD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Take a picnic to Caol Beach or stroll along Caledonian Canal in Fort William which can be reached in just under an hour.
- Play a round of golf at the traditional heathland course of Fort Augustus
- Why not dine at The Boat House loch side restaurant a short walk from the property, specialising in Mediterranean cuisine.
- Book in with the Highland Club Spa for a relaxing massage or other beauty treatments.
- With the nearest airport at Inverness (35 miles) and the nearest rail way station at both Inverness and Fort William both 25 miles, the area really does have a lot to offer.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here