With interiors designed by Kate Moss, Elle MacPherson, Jade Jagger, Kelly Hoppen, Phillipe Starck & the Yoo Studio, the Lakes are a gorgeous design-led holiday destination. Located in the glorious Cotswold Water Park, The Lakes by yoo are the ideal base for exploring the area, being 30 minutes from Cheltenham Racecourse and 15 minutes from Cirencester. Our luxury holiday rentals give you a 5 star hotel experience, with the space and privacy of your own villa, offering a full concierge service, activities team & access to our luxurious spa. The Barnhouse, designed by Kate Moss is 'One of a Kind' and pricing includes the services of our butler during your stay.
The Lakes by yoo is a gated community where nature and design work in harmony to provide the ultimate rural retreat and lifestyle. A private estate, set amongst 650 acres of idyllic Cotswold countryside, just 90 minutes from London. The Lakes enables owners to experience the very best of the British seasons. By collaborating with ecologists and conservationists, our architects and designers have complemented the estate's natural assets and landscape, ensuring a masterplan that is environmentally sound, breath-takingly beautiful and functional. A playground for all ages to enjoy and discover.
A five bedroom, seven bathroom, ‘one of a kind’ barn secreted away in the woods. Boasting views from the main panoramic windows across Bowmoor lake, the Barnhouse is unique within the estate, and is the first property ever, to have interiors by Kate Moss. The design is eclectic and luxurious, with raw silk carpeting, priceless pieces of art and dramatic furniture statements. The open plan living and dining spaces look out through the spectacular wall of glass, with views extending across Bowmoor. The playful, glamourous master suite looks towards the lake, with an unusual balcony opening into the double height living space. The further two second floor bedrooms also have private balconies, looking towards the woods. The property includes a private outdoor heated pool, large secluded garden, second floor terrace with dining space for 12 guests, and a gorgeous playroom, along with each bedroom benefiting from a full en-suite.
This holiday lodge at a glance
- Sleeps 10 guests.
- Price includes the services of our butler during your stay.
- Five bedrooms, including one unique master suite with art deco four poster bed and balcony.
- Seven bathrooms, five of which are en-suites.
- Log fire in the sitting room.
- Private, outdoor heated pool.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Large secluded garden.
- Dedicated parking is available at this property.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Concierge Menu available, including fridge stocking, fire lighting and bike hire for which additional charges apply.
- Security is on call 24/7 at the gated entrance. Concierge will meet and greet upon arrival, and show around the property..
- Catering - We are proud to present our range of Chefs and their teams, and most importantly, their food. Our Chefs represent an edit of the finest the Cotswolds has to offer, and with backgrounds ranging from a top-notch boutique hotel to a multi award-winning deli, their collective experience is nothing short of extraordinary.
- On site spa offering treatments, with a gym, heated pool, sauna, steam and hot tub, for which additional charges will apply.
- Nanny services are available with professionally qualified childcare professionals, as well as the 'Yoo' kids club which encourages children to take part in outward bound adventures, with some groups and activities being unattended by parents, allowing you some precious 'me' time. Highlights include Ben Fogle's School of Wild, a challenging and exciting series of bush-craft activities, our School of Rock and our residential Summer Camp. Onsite pets corner, hen house and herb garden. Onsite woodland zip wire for which additional charges will apply.
- Kitchen equipment and a Nespresso machine.
- Outdoor terraces on ground and top floor with a barbecue.
- Sky TV, DVD/Blu Ray player, Sonos system and board games are available.
- Two double kayaks available when the Lakes are open.
- Onsite tennis courts, fishing, boating and wild swimming - all within the estate.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Whether your preference is a pint by the fire or a Pimms in the garden, there are some wonderful pubs close by. The Five Alls in Filkin and The Swan at Southrop are worth particular mentions. The Swan is within walking distance and home to Keene's Cotswold Premium Lager. Try the wheat variety in Spring and the dark ale when the nights are drawing in.
- The Cotswolds is crisscrossed with waterways. The Thames, Avon and Severn all run through the region and the Coln and Leach join the Thames at Lechlade. That makes the town a favourite mooring place for narrow boats as well as a hub for cruises. You can tour up-river on a Thames Launch or charter your own craft and spend a day, enjoying the world glide by.
- The nearby villages are idyllic. The market town of Lechlade is home to a popular family-friendly music festival and a churchyard that inspired Shelley. Burford, a picturesque medieval town, featured in Forbes list of Europe's loveliest places to live. Filkins was part of the estate of Sir Stafford Cripps and Southrop has a beautiful 12th century church
- With 3000 miles of public footpaths and an idyllic landscape, the Cotswolds is a walker's paradise. An afternoon stroll will take you past honey-coloured cottages, along drovers' tracks and through ancient beech and oak woodland. Or if you're feeling ambitious, why not spend a few days walking the length of the Gloucestershire Way: 100 miles from the Forest of Dean to Tewkesbury Abbey?
- Food lovers are spoilt for choice. For meat, try Foxbury the butcher just north of the estate. Daylesford Organics specialises in handmade cheeses, breads and pastries as well as homegrown garden produce. For fish, head to Coln Valley Smokery in Northleach which still uses brick kilns and other traditional methods. And top it all with fresh organic apple juice delivered direct from Benson's Farm.
- The Cheltenham Festival, The Gold Cup, is upon us again in March. Our luxury holiday rentals are the perfect base to enjoy the festival from - a 5 star hotel experience, with the privacy of your own lodge.
- For a great family day out, visit the Cotswold Wildlife Park to get up close and personal with rhinos, lions, camels, penguins, actual wolverines and more!
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here