Coach House (Oxfordshire) details
This delightful first floor accommodation is located on the outskirts of beautiful Woodstock in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds and just a 5 minute drive to Blenheim Palace, a World Heritage Site and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Woodstock is a charming and busy town, filled with a huge variety of restaurants, gorgeous traditional English pubs and plenty of shops.
The Coach House is just five miles north of Oxford, an incredibly interesting city and again, with a very wide range of historic attractions, theatres, restaurants and shops, etc. There is an excellent rail service from Oxford Parkway to Marylebone in under an hour along with very good motorway connections, making it an incredibly popular and accessible destination.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with an en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath.
- Small 'cottage-style' garden with garden furniture and patio area.
- Off road parking for up to two cars.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Please be aware that the garden is not enclosed, small children will need supervision.
- Minimum stay two nights.
- Gas effect wood burning stove, electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, multi-function microwave, Nespresso coffee machine.
- TV in sitting room and bedroom. DVD player.
- Travel cot available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Off road parking.
Attractions and amenities
- Explore the streets of Woodstock with an array of independent shops and boutiques, arts and antique shops, cafes and restaurants as well as famous sites such as Blenheim Palace and The Oxfordshire Museum.
- Discover a world of luxury at Bicester Village, the region’s ultimate shopping destination. Home to more than 130 fashion and lifestyle boutiques.
- Oxford itself is approximately 20 minutes by car – 'the city of dreaming spires', as poet Matthew Arnold romantically put it – and is beautiful with its covered indoor market, creamy-bricked buildings, punting on the river and vibrant night life.
- Visit the National Trust property at Boarstall Tower, a 14th-century moated gatehouse and beautiful gardens or visit North Leigh Roman Villa and discover its nearly complete mosaic tile floor dating to the 3rd century, belonging to English Heritage.
- For a great family day out, visit Fairytale Farm in nearby Chipping Norton, or 'Harry Potter' fans can take a walk through the Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford which was used as a backdrop for several scenes in the popular film series.
- For the sports enthusiast, explore the nearby Heythrop Park Resort, a quintessential English country estate that also offers a championship 18 hole standard golf course with a health club and spa.
- Enjoy a trip to Combe Mill, a Grade II Listed Building, which is the original sawmill and workshop of the old Blenheim Palace Estate. This working industrial museum offers visitors a good insight into what work was like in Victorian times on a rural estate.
- Hidden gems include the legendary Wychwood Brewery Tour in nearby Witney, which takes you through the brewing process of Wychwood & Brakspear Beers, from seeing the raw ingredients to the finished product, with a chance to sample some of their well known products.
For additional inspiration on what to do in the area, please click here