Mole End Cottage details
Nestled in the pretty Cotswolds village of North Cerney is Mole End Cottage. This traditional 18th
century stone cottage has been completely transformed following a refurbishment. The contemporary interiors throughout are bright and airy, creating a spacious property sleeping four guests. The first floor features two lovely bedrooms, one double and one twin, along with a brand new family bathroom. On the ground floor guests will find a large, comfortable sitting room and sunlight filled kitchen/dining room. Both rooms have cosy wood burning stoves and doors which open out on to the South facing walled garden with two patio seating areas to enjoy.
North Cerney is one of eight South Cotswolds parishes forming the Churn Valley. North Cerney’s local pub The Bathhurst Arms is just two minutes from the cottage and is an excellent starting point for three picturesque walks which all circle back to the pub where delicious food and well-earned drinks will await you. Only 7 miles away is Cirencester, often referred to as the Capital of the Cotswolds. Dating back to Roman times, Cirencester provides a wealth of fascinating history, architecture, attractions, shops and places to eat.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a family bathroom.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Enclosed walled garden with south facing aspect.
- Children and infants welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- On-street parking.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Exposed beams.
- Sitting room and kitchen doors open on to private walled garden.
- Electric oven and hob, fridge with small freezer compartment and microwave.
- Dishwasher and combined washing machine/tumble dryer.
- Underfloor heating in bathroom.
- Television with Satellite channels.
- Cot, highchair and staircase available on request.
- Two garden benches, garden table and bistro set.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Try one of North Cerney’s circular walks that start out from the local pub The Bathurst Arms.
- Cotswold Water Park is just 10 minutes’ drive from Mole End Cottage. The perfect location for horse riding, water sports, cycling, fishing and swimming.
- Nearby Cirencester Park Polo Club is the oldest polo club in the UK and offers a host of tournament fixtures to watch.
- Just 8 miles from North Cerney is the charming village of Bibury with local attractions including Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone next to the River Coln, the Bibury Trout Farm and the Saxon Church of St. Mary
- Take rest and relaxation to the next level with a spa day at the luxurious Cowley Manor C-Side Spa.
- North Cerney is approximately one and three quarter hours by car from Central London along the M4 and A419. There is a fast and regular train service from Paddington to Kemble Station, 20 minutes by taxi from North Cerney.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here