The Cider Mill details
The Cider Mill offers delightful, ground floor accommodation within a charming, two storey Grade II listed building with original features of oak beams and exposed brickwork. The property, which dates back to the 16th century, was once part of a working cider and hop farm and now provides luxurious country living. Wildlife, walks and cycle routes surround the property with the Malvern Hills in the distance.
It is situated in the hamlet of Catley, a mile from the village of Bosbury . Two local pubs are within a mile and a half - The Bell at Bosbury and The Oak at Staplow. Both serve local ales, excellent food and take-outs. The area is a perfect retreat for exploring the beautiful Herefordshire countryside.
The old town of Ledbury has traditional black and white buildings but within them are a very eclectic range of independent shops and restaurants.
For additional accommodation, please see The Hop Kiln
, which occupies the first floor of the building.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- A circular bedroom with a bathroom.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private, round, walled garden with patio.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- One well-behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Use of Orchard for strolls and picnics.
- Oil-fired under-floor heating.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, larder fridge and separate freezer, washing machine.
- Television and Radio/CD player.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Close by are Eastnor Castle, Westons Cider Mill and the Three Choirs Vineyard.
- The cities of Hereford and Worcester are an equidistant fifteen miles. Both have beautiful Cathedrals and riverside settings. Hereford has the famous Mappa Mundi and Worcester its cricket ground and racecourse.
- The Malvern Hills are just twenty minutes away together with its spa town and theatre.
- Ludlow, Hay-on-Wye, Gloucester and Cheltenham are all less than an hour away with their own renowned festivals
- Only twenty minutes from the M50.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here