Barn at Cullis Croft details
This delightful barn is nestled on the side of a hill and sitting directly upon the historic Mortimer Trail, only twenty minutes by car to the Welsh Border. Spectacular, panoramic views greet you from all sides of the property, with acres of ancient woodland and many lovely walks to enjoy. This light and airy accommodation with master bedroom, occasional second bedroom with sofa bed, family bathroom and en-suite, is ideal for couples wishing to take advantage of the beautiful modern amenities offered within a peaceful and rural spot.
The barn is conveniently located on the border of Shropshire and Herefordshire making it easy to reach many of the beautiful rural spots and fascinating attractions both counties have to offer. The historic town of Ludlow is only five miles away, with its many fine eating places and various food festivals. The property itself is within walking distance (1.5 miles) of the village and it's two lovely pubs. The black and white village trail is accessible, leading you through many beautiful villages, such as Pembridge and Weobley. A must for book lovers is beautiful Hay-on-Wye, host to the annual literary festival, only 40 minutes away by car.
Approximate travel times from London by car is three and a half hours, from Birmingham, 1 hour 20 minutes and the nearest railway station is located in Ludlow.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- Master bedroom.
- Second bedroom with sofa bed for occasional use.
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room.
- Outside seating area.
- Designated parking for one vehicle.
- Baby in his/her own moses basket welcome under six months of age.
- Children over 7 years are welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum stay of three nights.
- Open plan living.
- Within walking distance (1.5 miles) of the village and it's two lovely pubs.
- Stunning views.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private pilates classes available on site.
- The Mortimer Trail provides an eight mile walk into Ludlow.
- Electric oven and hob, multi-function microwave and fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- TV with Freeview, DVD player and DAB radio.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The stunning Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty can be reached in less than 30 minutes by car and are a definite must visit place for anyone wishing to enjoy the beauty of rolling hills, river valleys, woodlands and its rich variety of bird and wildlife.
- The fine Georgian town of Ludlow is only a 15-minute drive away and is one of the gastro capitals of England with award winning Michelin restaurants, secluded gastro-pubs, a historic market square and famous castle ruins.
- Visit the medieval ruins of Ludlow Castle a 15-minute drive, or Stokesay Castle, a beautiful 13th century Manor House and moat.
- Enjoy a round of golf at Ludlow Golf Course formed in 1889 is the oldest course in Shropshire.
- Explore the National Trust properties of Berrington Hall and Avebury.
- Take in the history at the Ironbridge a wonderful base for all ages whether you are interested in art or engineering.
- Visit Tenbury Wells, an attractive riverside spa and market town in the Teme Valley.
- Horse racing enthusiasts will enjoy the benefits of being within an hour’s drive of some of the country’s most scenic racecourses including Ludlow, Hereford and Worcester.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the Herefordshire area, please click here
or within the Shropshire area please click here