Russet is one of four, one-bedroom country penthouse lodges which are part of Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, located in the peaceful, idyllic surroundings of Constable Country, near Stoke by Nayland in Suffolk. The lodges are perfect for indulgent, romantic breaks for two.
Spacious and bright, this first floor lodge offers an exquisitely furnished open-plan living, kitchen and dining area which features floor-to-ceiling windows at one end, with patio doors leading out onto huge wooden balconies looking out over the beautiful Suffolk countryside – just perfect for a leisurely breakfast, a spot of sunbathing or perhaps an evening cocktail or two as the sun goes down. The stunning, spacious en-suite double/twin bedroom features a high ceiling, glass chandelier and Juliet balcony.
Up to ten lodges offering a total of 16 double en-suite bedrooms can also be booked together for much larger groups of up to 32 guests. (For additional information, please click here
). These are all within a five minute drive of the nearby outstanding facilities at the family-owned Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one en-suite bathroom with Juliet balcony.
- Large wooden balcony.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- A welcome hamper will be provided (this differs from the standard Rural Retreats welcome hamper).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Lodge Porter is on call 24/7 to transport guests to and from the spa/golf/dining facilities.
- You can have one of the Hotel’s Chefs prepare a bespoke menu and serve it to you in the comfort and privacy of your lodge.
- Complimentary access to indoor heated swimming pool, sanarium, steam room, Jacuzzi and gymnasium featuring the latest Technogym equipment.
- Onsite spa and two championship golf courses for which additional charges will apply.
- Onsite two AA Rosette restaurant, bars, clubhouse restaurant, gift and golf shops, squash court, pool, fishing, covered driving range and professional golf tuition for which additional charges will apply.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- Electric oven and four ring induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer.
- Flatscreen televisions, Blu-Ray DVD player, surround sound in the sitting room and iPod docking station.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request, please note that additional charges may apply. Please bring your own cot linen.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- An ideal base for exploring numerous local attractions and historic sites, such as Colchester Castle and Zoo, Tudor Lavenham and Constable's Dedham and Flatford Mill.
- Wander around Beth Chatto's famous gardens.
- The excellent antique shops and Kentwell Hall in Long Melford.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here