Thatcher's Cottage details
Thatcher’s Cottage is a detached Grade II listed, thatched cottage dating back to the 1600s. This beautiful ‘chocolate box’ timber framed property is surrounded by a third of an acre of pretty cottage gardens, with sloping lawns, flower beds and a south facing terrace overlooking farmland. While the cottage has all the charm of its original features, the interior has been completely updated. The delightful country kitchen features an AGA, granite work tops and a stable door to the garden. Brick and wooden floors lay throughout the ground floor, with luxurious carpets upstairs for your comfort. Thatcher’s is a beautiful, romantic retreat with the most calming and relaxing feel, an absolute must in these busy times.
The cottage is situated down a quiet country lane in the heart of Constable Country, just a five minute walk to the village and pubs. There are many lovely villages in the local area including Nayland, Dedham, Kersey and Lavenham to name a few. The small market towns of Sudbury and Hadleigh are right on the door step with independent shops, boutiques and coffee shops as well as all of the main supermarkets and banks. Dedham Vale, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offers a plenitude of rolling farmland, rivers, meadows and ancient woodlands to explore at your leisure.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom, one double bedroom with zip & link beds, both with en-suite shower rooms.
- Inglenook fireplace with traditional gas stove.
- Pretty enclosed garden overlooking farmland.
- South facing paved patio.
- Children over 7 years welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Off street parking for two cars.
- Minimum two night stay.
- Exposed beams and wooden parquet flooring in sitting room.
- Additional shower room and wc on the ground floor.
- Aga kitchen with stable door opening onto garden.
- Microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Music docking system.
- Wooden garden furniture (summer months only).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Stoke-by-Nayland village offers local amenities including a convenience store & post office and two excellent pubs The Angel Inn and The Crown, which are only 5 minutes’ walk from the cottage.
- Play a round of golf at one of Stoke by Nayland Golf Club and Spa's two 18 hole golf courses, dine at their 2 AA rosette restaurant or relax with a spa day.
- There are many local walks to take throughout Constable Country.
- Visit Lavenham, a beautiful medieval village in the heart of Suffolk, for a relaxed day out exploring their independent shops, cafés and restaurants.
- Colchester Zoo is the perfect place for a family day out.
- Take in the sea air on a trip to the East Suffolk coast and visit the pretty seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here