Anchor Haven details
Anchor Haven is a stunning waterfront house in the beautiful fishing village of Crookhaven in West Cork. This bright and spacious property is situated on an elevated site on the shores of Crookhaven Bay, surrounded by spectacular views of mountains, the bay and the adjacent village.
Anchor Haven has an elevated decked patio and barbecue area overlooking the bay and its own private pier and slipway which is accessed by a gate at the bottom of the garden. The garden is private with high wooden gates and is full of exotic plants that rarely grow in Ireland but thrive in Crookhaven due to its mild climate that benefits from the warmth of the Gulf Stream.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- All ground floor accommodation.
- Five bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom.
- A wonderful private garden, elevated decked patio and private pier and slipway.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Gas fire.
- Electric cooker, electric hob, fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- TV/DVD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- All showers are power showers.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Crookhaven Bay is horseshoe shaped, approximately 1.5km long and is very safe for all types of water sports. Small sailing boats, canoes and wind surfers regularly use it and from the beginning of July until Mid August there are sailing races for children in the bay.
- Crookhaven, just a 2 minute walk away, is a very picturesque and pretty fishing village with three piers, three pubs/bars serving local seafood, a sailing club where sailing courses are available, grocery shop, craft shop and restaurant.
- There is live music in the village most nights and it is possible to buy fresh lobsters, fish and crab etc from the local fishermen on the pier.
- In the winter months, the village is very quiet and peaceful but there is always a warm open fire and welcome in the O'Sullivan's pub.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here