Mews Cottage details
Rural Retreats is delighted to offer you Mews Cottage, one of three holiday cottages on the magnificent Bonython Estate, under five miles south of Helston on the northern part of the Lizard Peninsula. The Cottage has been renovated to a 5-star standard, beautifully furnished, set within its own private courtyard and adjoining St Corantyn Cottage. The layout of the property has been designed with great thought and style.
Bonython Estate Gardens, which guests are welcome to explore, comprises some 20 acres with a recently renovated walled garden, potager and a hidden valley with three small lakes. The gardens are rated as one of 'The Great Gardens of Cornwall' and given a star in the 'Good Garden Guide'. Bonython Estate is a traditional, mixed agricultural Cornish estate with ancient manor, farm and woodland stretching almost from one side of the Peninsula (the Helford River) to the other (the beach at Poldhu Cove) with both shores just over a mile away.
On the Estate you will also find St Corantyn Cottage (CW-048)
sleeping four guests and Spring Water Barn (CW-058)
sleeping two guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Private gravel and lawn courtyard to the front.
- Sleeps six guests.
- Ground floor bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Two further first floor bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room. Separate first floor bathroom.
- Ample parking.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights.
- Bonython Estate Gardens comprise some 20 acres with a recently renovated walled garden, potager and a hidden valley with three small lakes.
- Within easy reach of a beach.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Attractions and nearby amenities
- The Estate is close to the amenities of the small towns and villages nearby.
- Perfectly placed for exploring the beautiful coves and coastal pathways, the majority now owned by The National Trust.
- The Lizard offers that special unspoilt mix of Cornish magic with world-renowned beaches such as Kynance Cove and Kennack Sands and numerous fishing villages such as Coverack, Cadgwith and Mullion, famous for Cornish crab and lobsters!
- Apart from the truly outstanding natural beauty (the estate abuts the Lizard National Park). Other attractions include the lighthouse station on Lizard Point (true southernmost tip of the British Isles) and Goonhilly's Earthstation, with the largest satellite dishes in the Northern Hemisphere.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.