Khina Cottage details
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Khina Cottage at North Foreland Lighthouse.
Khina is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse, which lies on the chalk headland above the charming and unspoilt seaside town of Broadstairs at the far eastern tip of Kent. Both cottages are very child friendly, surrounded by spacious lawned grounds and set well away from cliffs. The holiday cottages have shared use of a very large, one-acre lawned garden and patio with ample space to sit out.
The earliest reference to a light on North Foreland was given in a deed dated 1499 and, at that time, it was almost certain that the beacon was used to warn of attack or piracy rather than as an aid to navigation. The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three or four guests. It is suitable for a maximum of three adults.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom..
- Shared use of a very large, one acre lawned garden and patio.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Stunning sea views.
- Gas effect wood burner, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Lodesman Cottage, sleeping four guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Visit Joss Bay which has an excellent sandy beach only a few minutes walk from the property.
- The nearest pub, the Digby Inn, is a 10-minute stroll and serves good food.
- For golfing enthusiasts, the North Foreland Golf Club is very close by.
- Broadstairs has good sandy beaches and an attractive old town which has literary associations with Charles Dickens.
- Bleak House in the town of Broadstairs is where Dickens lived while he was writing David Copperfield. The town holds a Dickens Festival in June each year and a popular Folk Music Week in August.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.